BizTalk Server is one of the integral parts of Microsoft’s Hybrid Integration Platform. It enables customers to seamlessly connect mission critical applications, automate complex business processes and leverage numerous Azure services. Whether your applications run in the cloud or on-premises, you should have the flexibility to seamlessly connect applications, unlock data and automate business processes anywhere.
Branch Edition for hub and spoke deployment scenarios.
• To license a physical server—when running BizTalk Server in a physical OSE—all physical cores on the server must be licensed.
• A minimum of four core licenses are required for each physical processor on the server.
• To license a VM with core licenses, purchase a core license for each virtual core (virtual thread) allocated to the VM (with a minimum of 4 core licenses per VM).
BizTalk Server 2020 Branch Edition BizTalk Server 2020 Branch Edition software may not be installed on a server that is part of a networked cluster or in an OSE that is part of a networked cluster of OSEs on the same server.
BizTalk Server 2020 Branch Edition software may only be installed on servers at the endpoint of its internal network (or edge of its organization) to connect business events or
transactions with activities processed at that endpoint, provided, the server does not
• act as the central node in a “hub and spoke” networking model,
• centralize enterprise-wide communications with other Servers or devices; or
• automate business processes across divisions, business units, or branch offices.
Use of BizTalk Server Branch edition requires BizTalk Server Enterprise Edition be installed as the central node in a “hub and spoke” architecture.